POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR DISPLAYING ART IN THE ALL ABOUT ART CLUB
The purpose of this policy and procedure is to publish consistent guidelines for the display of members’ artwork and to allow for accurate inventory control of room contents. It also allows for improved security and limits potential liability.
All art club members are encouraged to submit their artwork for display regardless of their level of expertise or experience.
The schedule for hanging art is as follows:
2016 DISPLAY COMMITTEE – ART WALL SCHEDULE: ( where it states take down old..artists please remove your art from the wall within 72 hours)
JAN.1 – NEW ART UP
TUES.FEB.16TH -4:30 DOUBLE VISION ART UP (TAKE DOWN OLD EXHIBIT 3- 5 SUN FEB.14TH)(DOUBLE VISION ARTISTS BRING THEIRS OVER FROM PINCKNEY ON SUNDAY)
WED.MAR.23- 4:30 NEW ART UP (TAKE DOWN MON.MAR.21)….(FRI.MAR.25 IS GOOD FRIDAY,MAR.27 IS EASTER)
TUES. APRIL 26 – NEW ART UP– SPRING SHOW (TAKE DOWN OLD MON.APR. 25)
WED.JUNE 1 NEW ART UP –( TAKE DOWN OLD TUES.MAY 31 ) MON.MAY 30 IS MEMORIAL DAY
WED.JULY 27 –NEW ART UP (TAKE DOWN OLD MON. JULY 25)
WED. AUG.31 –NEW ART UP (TAKE DOWN OLD MON. AUG.29)
WED. SEPT.28 – NEW ART UP (TAKE DOWN OLD MON.SEPT.26)
TUES. NOV. 1ST NEW ART UP FALL ART SHOW TAKE IN (TAKE DOWN MON.OCT.31)
WED. DEC.28 NEW ART UP ( TAKE DOWN OLD TUES. DEC.27)
THE FEATURED ARTIST DISPLAY WALL WILL CHANGE ON THE 1ST OF EVERY MONTH, EXCLUDING THE 3 MONTHS OF SHOWS. ( This is the small section of wall to the left of the regular display)
- Members who wish to have their work displayed in the art room should put their paintings on any shelf in the left cabinet in the rear of the art room (under the printer.)
- Artwork that is to be picked up will be in the right cabinet under the printer.
- If a member has questions concerning hanging their art, they can contact either Linda Beer at 704-560-5929 or Joe Christopher at 480-993-4249. For Featured Artist display questions call Dick Watt at 843-705-1965.
- There is a limit of two paintings per artist. The total size may not exceed 1,600 sq. inches for the two, or, if artist wishes to hang a larger painting they may hang only one, which cannot exceed 1,600 sq. inches, including frame.
- Only the Display Committee shall be responsible for arranging art displays. Please do not hang art on the wall.
- Artists are responsible for removing their artwork according published schedules. The Display Committee will notify artists via phone or email to pick up their artwork if it has not been picked up after 72 hours after the display period has expired. Members are asked to pick up their work within 72 hours of such notification.
FRAMING and DISPLAYING GUIDELINES
- Artwork must be appropriately framed.
- Art requiring protection must have glass or Plexiglas covering the work.
- All paintings submitted must have a secure wire on the back of the frame approximately 1/3 from top of frame.
- Unframed artwork for the art bins must be securely covered with shrink-wrap with a sturdy backing board, i.e. foam-core or heavy cardboard.
- Unframed canvas art should be of the “back stapled canvas” style (no staples showing along the sides of the canvas).
- Two cards are to be completed with the following information: title of artwork, medium, price or NFS (not for sale), artist’s name, phone number, and date submitted. One card will be attached to the front of the artwork. That card will be displayed beside the artwork and the other card should be securely attached to the back of the artwork, in the event the displayed card is separated from the work. Cards are located on the counter above the cabinet. ART SHOW PREPARATION: Approximately one week prior to each Spring and Fall art show, artists who have art on the wall should remove them from the art room. (See display schedule above.)
- These policies are strictly for displaying art other than art displayed during art shows. Please refer to the Guidelines for Art Show when entering the art shows.
|Calendar for Hanging Art Work on the Gallery Wall at All About Art 2016|